Description of your first forum.
ethanmoore74

Run ASP under LINUX?

Post by ethanmoore74 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:02 am

Is it possible to run ASP under LINUX?

millerconnor85

Re: Run ASP under LINUX?

Post by millerconnor85 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:31 am

It depends what specific .NET technologies you're using.

cherihanechereez

Post by cherihanechereez » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:28 am

Use K pack tool
K is a pack of tools / assemblies and command line utilities that help to compile and host / run the new ASP.NET 5 (and console application). K creates an abstraction between the new ASP.NET framework and the .NET framework, with which ASP.NET 5 can be developed, compiled and hosted on Windows, Linux and Mac (using the .NET framework on Windows and Mono runtime on Mac / Linux).

johnsonjoshua292

Post by johnsonjoshua292 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:58 am

Because NET Core is both open source and multiplatform, it's easy to see why you'd want to run your ASP.NET Core project on a Linux server. A Linux webhost is almost always less expensive than a Windows webserver.

dylanchristian247

Post by dylanchristian247 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:10 am

Chillisoft had an ASP version called chilliasp that could operate on Linux, however I just googled chillisoft and it takes me to sun.java.com, so it must have been purchased.

And MS Access is only available on the Windows platform? I don't believe it's possible to install it on Linux.

On Linux, I believe a php-MySQL combo is preferable.

Check out the mono project, which allows you to write and run.NET programmes on Linux. Also, check out the Java System Active Server Pages solution (used to be Chilisoft).