which platform better for host my personal heavy traffic website is Linux or Windows ?

Description of your first forum.
Madison

which platform better for host my personal heavy traffic website is Linux or Windows ?

Post by Madison » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi Guys,
I need to buy hosting service to host my personal web site ,I can see some provider offers nice Linux and Windows web hosting plans at affordable price. So what should I choose, Linux or Windows?

Brown

Re: which platform better for host my personal heavy traffic website is Linux or Windows ?

Post by Brown » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:20 am

linux hosting is most recommended.

emmasmith632

Re: which platform better for host my personal heavy traffic website is Linux or Windows ?

Post by emmasmith632 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 am

Linux is better for host.

dylanjonathan147

Post by dylanjonathan147 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:35 am

In general, Linux hosting (or shared hosting) is less expensive than Windows hosting. Because Linux is a free open source operating system, web hosting service companies do not have to pay licencing fees to use it on their servers.

Ethanthomas

Post by Ethanthomas » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:21 am

If you're not a developer, Linux is definitely the best option. The cPanel is designed to meet the demands of those who manage e-commerce websites, blogs, or wikis. You also have access to simple customization tools that don't take long to master. If you ever need third-party assistance, you'll be able to locate a contractor for less money than you would with a Windows server. It becomes a little more tricky if you're a developer. It makes more sense for developers with a corporate experience to utilize Windows, as this is what many organizations use for internal servers, and you're presumably familiar with it. Running a server on MSSQL would be wonderful practice and a favorable feature on a CV for people who wish to work for a business. Developers that are already familiar with the ASP.NET stack or wish to learn more about it in the future are in the same boat.