users with ssh

Description of your first forum.
admin
Site Admin

users with ssh

Post by admin » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:29 am

I'd like to create a new user for my developer with access to a folder, the ability to perform cronjobs, and ssh access. I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish it.

chaserichard448

Re: users with ssh

Post by chaserichard448 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:27 am

SSH, also known as Safe Shell or Secure Socket Shell, is a network protocol that allows users, especially system administrators, to access a computer across an insecure network in a secure manner.

The SSH protocol is also implemented by a set of tools known as SSH. Secure Shell allows for robust password and public key authentication, as well as encrypted data exchange between two computers connected over an open network like the internet.

SSH is commonly used by network administrators to administer systems and programmes remotely, allowing them to log in to another computer via a network, execute commands, and move data from one machine to another, in addition to offering robust encryption.

Both the cryptographic network protocol and the set of programmes that implement it are referred to as SSH. SSH works on a client-server basis, linking a Secure Shell client application, which is where the session is shown, to a Secure Shell server programmed.